Fifa Official Kevin Lamour Leaves Organization After Criticism of Leadership
Kevin Lamour, a Fifa official, has departed from the global governing body following his public criticism of Gianni Infantino’s leadership and his vote against the Fifa Forward Enterprise (FFE) proposal. The 46-year-old, who served as the chief operating officer, made headlines on July 31 when he alleged that Fifa staff had been “deceived” by Infantino regarding the initiative.
Fifa released a statement confirming the end of Lamour’s working relationship, effective August 17, 2026. The organization expressed gratitude for Lamour’s two years of service and wished him well in his future endeavors, noting that no further comments would be made regarding the matter.
In his comments on July 31, Lamour discussed the FFE plan, stating, “It is the project of one person. Not only must this project not go ahead … but the time has now come for football political leaders to ask themselves the right questions and make the right decisions.” He acknowledged the risks associated with his outspoken stance, saying, “If that means I lose my job, then so be it. I will understand and respect that decision. At least I’ll sleep well tonight.”
Reports indicate that Lamour also voted against the FFE plan during a meeting held on July 18, just before the World Cup final, according to the New York Times. Following the announcement of his departure, Fifa’s secretary general Mattias Grafstrom communicated the news to staff via email.
Kevin Lamour, the Fifa official who criticised Gianni Infantino‘s leadership and voted against the Fifa Forward Enterprise proposal, has left the global governing body.
The 46-year-old had been working as chief operating officer, the position from which he told Associated Press on 31 July that Fifa staff had been “deceived” by Infantino regarding the plan.
Advertisement
A statement from the body read: “Fifa can confirm that the working relationship between Fifa and Kevin Lamour as Fifa’s Chief Operating Officer has ended on 17 August 2026.
“Fifa thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future.
“No further comment will be made on the matter.”
Lamour had acknowledged this possibility in his statement on 31 July, having initially excoriated the FFE plan.
“It is the project of one person,” he said. “Not only must this project not go ahead … but the time has now come for football political leaders to ask themselves the right questions and make the right decisions.”
Advertisement
His statement went on: “If that means I lose my job, then so be it,” his statement to AP added. “I will understand and respect that decision. At least I’ll sleep well tonight.”
Lamour is also understood to have voted against the FFE plan in a meeting held on the day before the World Cup final, on 18 July, according to a report by the New York Times.
Fifa’s secretary general Mattias Grafstrom informed staff via email that Lamour would be leaving the governing body.
[/gpt3]
