Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Newcastle Finalizes £30m Transfer for Benfica’s Dedic

    August 18, 2026

    Breel Embolo Turns Down Atlanta Contract Amid Ipswich Town Interest

    August 18, 2026

    Real Madrid Offered €45m for 30-Year-Old Spanish Star Before He Joined Barcelona, Report Says

    August 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Newcastle Finalizes £30m Transfer for Benfica’s Dedic
    • Breel Embolo Turns Down Atlanta Contract Amid Ipswich Town Interest
    • Real Madrid Offered €45m for 30-Year-Old Spanish Star Before He Joined Barcelona, Report Says
    • Injury Situation to Monitor at Manchester City Ahead of Weekend Match
    • Borussia Dortmund Considering Various Options to Sign Barcelona Defender Facing Exit
    • Al-Hilal Intensifies Bid for Barcelona Midfielder Marc Casadó
    • Le Mans Sign 2018 World Cup Winner!
    • Haaland’s Price Tag: Is He Worth It? Top Five FPL Questions on Rogers and Palmer
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    FootemAssist
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা
    FootemAssist
    Home»Football»Barcelona Prepared to Wait Until Deadline Day for Key Target, January Return Possible
    Football

    Barcelona Prepared to Wait Until Deadline Day for Key Target, January Return Possible

    zidaneBy zidaneAugust 18, 2026No Comments0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Barcelona Prepared to Wait Until Deadline Day for Key Target, January Return Possible
    Barcelona ready to wait until deadline day for priority target; could also return in January
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Barcelona Committed to Pursuing Julian Alvarez Despite Transfer Challenges

    Barcelona remains resolute in its pursuit of Julian Alvarez, maintaining its interest even as the summer transfer window approaches its conclusion. According to Jota Jordi on El Chiringuito TV (h/t FCB World), the Catalan club is prepared to keep the negotiation alive until the very last moments of the window.

    Should Atletico Madrid continue to reject a deal, Barcelona plans to return for the Argentine striker in January with another bid estimated at €100 million. The club had previously tested Atletico’s resolve with a €100 million offer earlier in the summer, while Alvarez has openly expressed his desire to leave in search of fulfilling a “dream.”

    However, Atletico Madrid has firmly refused to open the door for negotiations, leaving Barcelona in a holding pattern as they await developments. The situation is increasingly critical, with Alvarez himself poised to play a significant role in how events unfold.

    Jota Jordi’s report indicates that Barcelona is adopting a patient strategy rather than quickly shifting their focus to alternative targets. The club appears willing to wait until the very end of the transfer window in hopes that mounting pressure regarding Alvarez’s future will prompt a resolution.

    Meanwhile, the striker has returned to training, but uncertainty about his position at Atletico casts a shadow over the proceedings. Barcelona’s interest has been longstanding, with the €100 million figure central to the discussions as they view Alvarez as a top target.

    Despite their efforts, Atletico has remained steadfast throughout the summer, as they want to retain one of their most valued forwards. This tension underscores the difficulty in reaching an agreement, but Alvarez’s pending conversations with Atletico leadership may herald a turning point.

    A key meeting is expected soon between Alvarez and Atletico Madrid CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin, which has already faced multiple delays. Alvarez intends to urge Atletico to reconsider their stance and allow discussions with Barcelona to commence.

    Thus far, both clubs have remained at an impasse, making this meeting vital in determining if there is an opportunity for negotiation. Barcelona does not require Atletico to accept their current offer outright; rather, they need Atletico to acknowledge the possibility of talks. If Alvarez can persuade Gil Marin to consider this, the move to Barcelona could gain new momentum.

    Barcelona have no intention of abandoning their pursuit of Julian Alvarez, even if a deal proves impossible before the summer transfer window closes.

    According to Jota Jordi on El Chiringuito TV (h/t FCB World), the Catalan giants are prepared to keep the operation alive until the final moments of the window. 

    Advertisement

    Furthermore, should Atletico Madrid continue to block a move, Barcelona could return for the Argentine striker in January with another offer in the region of €100 million.

    The club have already tested Atletico’s resolve with a €100 million offer earlier in the summer, while Alvarez has publicly spoken about his desire to leave in order to fulfil a “dream”. 

    Atletico, however, have refused to open the door, leaving Barcelona waiting for the situation to change, with the player himself now holding a major role in what happens next.

    Barcelona willing to wait until the final day

    Jota Jordi’s update points towards a patient approach from Barcelona rather than an immediate decision to move on to another target.

    Julian Alvarez wants to move to Barcelona. (Photo by Carl Recine/Getty Images)

    Advertisement

    The club is willing to wait until the final second of the transfer window in the hope that the pressure surrounding Alvarez’s future eventually forces a breakthrough. 

    The striker has returned to training, but uncertainty over his position at Atletico continues to dominate the situation.

    Barcelona’s interest is not new, and neither is their willingness to spend heavily on the Argentine. 

    The €100 million figure has remained central to negotiations, with the Blaugrana viewing Alvarez as one of their key targets.

    Furthermore, the entire fiasco has also become difficult for Atletico to simply brush aside. Yet they have stood firm throughout the summer. 

    Advertisement

    Alvarez remains under contract, and the club has made it clear that they do not want to lose one of their most important forwards.

    Alvarez is set for a crucial meeting with Atletico Madrid. (Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

    That difference between the two sides is why the player’s next conversation with the Atletico hierarchy could prove decisive.

    Meeting with Gil Marin could bring clarity

    As reported before, a meeting between Alvarez and Atletico Madrid CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin is expected to take place in the coming days after being delayed several times.

    Alvarez is expected to push Atletico to change their stance and allow negotiations with Barcelona to begin. 

    Advertisement

    Until now, the clubs have been stuck on opposite sides of the situation. Hence, the meeting could finally establish whether there is room for a compromise.

    Barcelona do not need Atletico to suddenly accept their current offer. What they need first is for the club to become willing to sit at the negotiating table. 

    If Alvarez can convince Gil Marin to take that step, the Julian Alvarez to Barcelona operation could then enter a new phase.

    [/gpt3]


    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

    Related Posts

    Newcastle Finalizes £30m Transfer for Benfica’s Dedic

    August 18, 2026

    Breel Embolo Turns Down Atlanta Contract Amid Ipswich Town Interest

    August 18, 2026

    ന്യൂകാസിൽ യുണൈറ്റഡ് ബെൻഫിക്കയുടെ ഡെഡിക്കിനെ 30 ദശലക്ഷം പൗണ്ടിന് സ്വന്തമാക്കി

    August 18, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Top Posts

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267

    Palestinian goalkeeper Salim Al-Ashqar killed in Israeli army shelling

    July 3, 20265
    Don't Miss
    Football

    Newcastle Finalizes £30m Transfer for Benfica’s Dedic

    By zidaneAugust 18, 20260

    Newcastle United Signs Amar Dedic from Benfica for £30 Million Newcastle United has secured the…

    Breel Embolo Turns Down Atlanta Contract Amid Ipswich Town Interest

    August 18, 2026

    Real Madrid Offered €45m for 30-Year-Old Spanish Star Before He Joined Barcelona, Report Says

    August 18, 2026

    Injury Situation to Monitor at Manchester City Ahead of Weekend Match

    August 18, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    About Us

    FootemAssist. Football, That's All.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Newcastle Finalizes £30m Transfer for Benfica’s Dedic

    August 18, 2026

    Breel Embolo Turns Down Atlanta Contract Amid Ipswich Town Interest

    August 18, 2026

    Real Madrid Offered €45m for 30-Year-Old Spanish Star Before He Joined Barcelona, Report Says

    August 18, 2026
    Most Popular

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267
    © 2026 Footem News FootemAssist.
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.