Headline: Galatasaray Initiates Talks with AC Milan for Christopher Nkunku Transfer
Galatasaray has commenced discussions with AC Milan regarding a potential transfer for forward Christopher Nkunku, as the player approaches the exit from the Rossoneri. This move places the Turkish club amidst a growing list of potential suitors for Nkunku.
According to journalist Sacha Tavolieri, Galatasaray began negotiations with Milan’s management on Monday. The Turkish side has also been monitoring Rafael Leao for a while.
Earlier this month, Nkunku was excluded from coach Ruben Amorim’s plans, becoming one of four players considered surplus to requirements at San Siro ahead of the upcoming season.
Meanwhile, RB Leipzig, the club Nkunku departed for Chelsea in 2023, is actively seeking to re-sign him. The French international is reportedly delaying his decision as he waits for additional opportunities to arise before the transfer window closes. Newcastle has also shown interest in Nkunku.
Milan acquired Nkunku from Chelsea last summer for a fee close to €37 million. During his first season, he contributed eight goals and three assists across 35 appearances; however, this did not suffice for Amorim to incorporate him into his future plans.
Galatasaray have opened talks with AC Milan over a possible move for Christopher Nkunku, joining an increasingly crowded field of suitors for the forward as he edges towards the Rossoneri exit door.
According to journalist Sacha Tavolieri, the Turkish club began discussions with Milan’s hierarchy on Monday, having already been tracking Rafael Leao for some time.
Advertisement
Nkunku was left out of Ruben Amorim’s plans earlier this month, one of four players told they could leave San Siro before the season begins.
PISA, ITALY – FEBRUARY 13: Christopher Nkuku of AC Milan in action during the Serie A match between Pisa SC and AC Milan at Arena Garibaldi on February 13, 2026 in Pisa, Italy. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)
Leipzig keen on Nkunku reunion as Newcastle also circle
RB Leipzig, the club Nkunku left for Chelsea in 2023, are also pushing hard to bring him back to Germany, though the France international is said to be holding off on any decision in the hope other options materialise before the window shuts.
Advertisement
Newcastle have likewise been credited with interest.
Milan signed Nkunku from Chelsea for around €37m last summer, and he managed eight goals and three assists in 35 appearances across his debut season, though that wasn’t enough to convince Amorim to build around him.
[/gpt3]
