Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Atletico Madrid Faces Pressure as Barcelona Anticipates Julian Alvarez Deal

    August 22, 2026

    South Africa vs New Zealand: Meet First Test Referee Matthew Carley

    August 22, 2026

    Mou and Flick’s First XIs Featured in Saturday’s 5 Big Stories

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Atletico Madrid Faces Pressure as Barcelona Anticipates Julian Alvarez Deal
    • South Africa vs New Zealand: Meet First Test Referee Matthew Carley
    • Mou and Flick’s First XIs Featured in Saturday’s 5 Big Stories
    • Liverpool Secures Approval for Yankuba Minteh Transfer Deal
    • Fabian Hurzeler Hints at Yankuba Minteh Transfer with Liverpool Interested
    • Barcelona Target’s Agent Denounces Current Club Amid Ongoing Issues: ‘Never Ask a Liar’
    • Man City Duo Competing Together This Weekend
    • Ellison Embraces Mental Health While Playing at 47: “I’m Not Ashamed”
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    FootemAssist
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা
    FootemAssist
    Home»Football»Midfielder Reportedly Granted Permission to Leave Manchester City
    Football

    Midfielder Reportedly Granted Permission to Leave Manchester City

    zidaneBy zidaneAugust 22, 2026No Comments0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Midfielder Reportedly Granted Permission to Leave Manchester City
    A midfielder has reportedly been told that be can also leave Manchester City
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Nico Gonzalez May Depart Manchester City as Club Gives Him Leave

    Manchester City currently faces a shortage of midfield options with the 2026-27 Premier League season set to commence this weekend. Enzo Maresca’s squad includes Elliot Anderson, Mateo Kovacic, Rico Lewis, Nico O’Reilly, Phil Foden, Nico Gonzalez, and Rayan Cherki to compete in the midfield against Bournemouth. Recent departures include Rodri and Tijjani Reijnders earlier this week, alongside Bernardo Silva, who left upon the expiration of his contract at the end of the 2025-26 season. Reports reveal that Nico Gonzalez has been told he can leave Manchester City, potentially adding another exit from Enzo Maresca’s team.

    Nico Gonzalez has reportedly been informed by Manchester City that he is free to leave the club.

    Craig Hope of the Daily Mail has reported that Nico Gonzalez has been informed that he can leave Manchester City this summer. There are indications that Newcastle United remains keen on signing the Spanish midfielder, and Gonzalez is reportedly open to the idea. Additionally, several of his current teammates are attempting to persuade him to dismiss Newcastle’s interest and remain with City.

    Advertisement

    Uncertainty Surrounds Nico Gonzalez’s Future at City

    If Craig Hope’s report holds true, Nico Gonzalez appears set to exit Manchester City, requiring the club to find a replacement for yet another departing midfielder. It seems the club’s strategy is to replace any player who leaves moving forward.

    It does seem rather surprising that Nico Gonzalez has been told he can exit the FA Cup and Carabao Cup holders. The Spanish midfielder is currently the only player in Enzo Maresca’s squad who fulfills the number six role. He demonstrated his capability during the first half of last season, effectively stepping in while Rodri was sidelined. His performance suggests he is indeed capable of contributing to Maresca’s team.

    It raises questions as to why Pep Guardiola sidelined Gonzalez during the latter half of last season. It appears that Enzo Maresca favors Mateo Kovacic in midfield over Gonzalez. Questions remain regarding whether Gonzalez lacks the physical strength needed for consistent competition in Manchester City’s midfield or if there are concerns about his effectiveness in possession. The underlying issue remains unclear, though it is evident that some fans and observers are puzzled by the situation.

    Advertisement

    Conclusion on Gonzalez’s Potential Departure

    The likelihood of Nico Gonzalez leaving Manchester City appears to have significantly increased, especially if he has been informed that he is free to depart this summer. The complexities of his status as a player raise further questions, particularly as he is well-regarded by City fans, making this an intriguing development to follow.

    As of right now, Manchester City are short of midfield options ahead of the 2026-27 Premier League season getting under way this weekend. Looking at Enzo Maresca’s squad, there is Elliot Anderson, Mateo Kovacic, Rico Lewis, Nico O’Reilly, Phil Foden, Nico Gonzalez and Rayan Cherki who will form City’s midfield against Bournemouth. Rodri and Tijjani Reijnders left earlier this week, and Bernardo Silva departed when his contract expired at the end of the 2025-26 season. It has now been revealed that Nico Gonzalez has been informed that he can leave Manchester City. If that report is correct, yet another midfield option could leave Enzo Maresca’s squad.

    Nico Gonzalez has reportedly been informed by Manchester City that he is free to leave the club.

    Craig Hope of the Daily Mail has reported that Nico Gonzalez has been informed that he can leave Manchester City this summer. Furthermore, it is reported that Newcastle United maintains a strong interest in signing the Spanish midfielder and he is becoming open to the move. Lastly, it is also reported that some of Nico Gonzalez’s City teammates are trying to convince him to shun Newcastle’s interest and stay at City.

    Advertisement

    It is hard to pick exactly what the issue is with Nico Gonzalez that could see him leave City this summer.

    If Craig Hope’s report is on the money, Nico Gonzalez is heading for an exit from Manchester City. He’d be another midfielder that City would have to replace. It is seemingly City’s plan to replace any player who leaves from this point onwards.

    It does seem harsh that Nico Gonzalez has been told he can leave the FA Cup and Carabao Cup holders. The Spanish midfielder is the only number six in Enzo Maresca’s squad. Also, Nico Gonzalez showed during the first half of last season that he can play a role for this City team. He held down the fort superbly well while Rodri was out last season playing in Rodri’s role. So there is evidence that Nico is good enough to play in an Enzo Maresca side.

    It is hard to see why Pep Guardiola cast Nico Gonzalez aside during the second half of last season. Enzo Maresca seems to prefer Mateo Kovacic in midfield rather than Nico. Maybe Nico isn’t thought to be physically strong enough to compete consistently in Manchester City’s midfield. Perhaps the issue is that Nico’s work in possession isn’t up to standard. I’m not sure what the issue but clearly there is something that the majority are missing.

    Advertisement

    Final thoughts.

    The chances that Nico Gonzalez could leave Manchester City now seem to have increased exponentially. Especially if he has been told he is free to leave the club this summer. You do wonder what the issue with Nico Gonzalez as a player is. He is held in high regard by City fans so it is a puzzling situation.

    [/gpt3]


    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

    Related Posts

    Atletico Madrid Faces Pressure as Barcelona Anticipates Julian Alvarez Deal

    August 22, 2026

    South Africa vs New Zealand: Meet First Test Referee Matthew Carley

    August 22, 2026

    Mou and Flick’s First XIs Featured in Saturday’s 5 Big Stories

    August 22, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Top Posts

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267

    Palestinian goalkeeper Salim Al-Ashqar killed in Israeli army shelling

    July 3, 20265
    Don't Miss
    Football

    Atletico Madrid Faces Pressure as Barcelona Anticipates Julian Alvarez Deal

    By zidaneAugust 22, 20260

    Julian Alvarez’s Future at Atletico Madrid Complicated by Fan Pressure and Transfer Talks Julian Alvarez’s…

    South Africa vs New Zealand: Meet First Test Referee Matthew Carley

    August 22, 2026

    Mou and Flick’s First XIs Featured in Saturday’s 5 Big Stories

    August 22, 2026

    Liverpool Secures Approval for Yankuba Minteh Transfer Deal

    August 22, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    About Us

    FootemAssist. Football, That's All.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Atletico Madrid Faces Pressure as Barcelona Anticipates Julian Alvarez Deal

    August 22, 2026

    South Africa vs New Zealand: Meet First Test Referee Matthew Carley

    August 22, 2026

    Mou and Flick’s First XIs Featured in Saturday’s 5 Big Stories

    August 22, 2026
    Most Popular

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267
    © 2026 Footem News FootemAssist.
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.