Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Liverpool Halt Pursuit of PSG Star, Says Fabrizio Romano

    August 23, 2026

    Man City Targets 18-Year-Old World Cup Star in €100m Midfield Revamp

    August 23, 2026

    Arsenal Eyes Potential Move for Julian Alvarez This Summer

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Liverpool Halt Pursuit of PSG Star, Says Fabrizio Romano
    • Man City Targets 18-Year-Old World Cup Star in €100m Midfield Revamp
    • Arsenal Eyes Potential Move for Julian Alvarez This Summer
    • Teenage World Cup Star and Maths Whizz Targeted by Man City
    • Yankuba Minteh Reveals His Reasons for Wanting to Join Liverpool
    • Man City Secures €100 Million Deal with Lille for Teen Star Ayyoub Bouaddi
    • Tottenham Target Omar Marmoush Named in Man City Squad; Savinho Excluded
    • Juventus Clarifies Position on Targeting Arsenal Winger
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    FootemAssist
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা
    FootemAssist
    Home»Football»Real Madrid Star Faces Challenge to ‘Untouchable’ Status Under Mourinho With Midfield Competition
    Football

    Real Madrid Star Faces Challenge to ‘Untouchable’ Status Under Mourinho With Midfield Competition

    zidaneBy zidaneAugust 23, 2026No Comments0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Real Madrid Star Faces Challenge to 'Untouchable' Status Under Mourinho With Midfield Competition
    Real Madrid star could lose 'untouchable' status under Mourinho amid midfield competition
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Headline: Real Madrid Opens La Liga Season with Late Win Amid Midfield Selection Dilemmas

    Real Madrid commenced their 2026-27 La Liga campaign by securing a late 2-1 victory against Espanyol, featuring goals from Jude Bellingham and Carlos Espi. The match drew attention to Jose Mourinho’s tactical choices, offering a glimpse into his preferred starting lineup.

    A focal point of Mourinho’s strategy was the midfield selection. Last night, Bernardo Silva teamed up with Federico Valverde, filling in for the injured Aurelien Tchouameni. This decision may lead to future challenges for Mourinho, as he navigates a more competitive midfield landscape.

    According to reports from Cadena SER, Tchouameni’s spot in the starting eleven is no longer guaranteed, particularly with the arrival of Bernardo intensifying competition for positions within the midfield unit.

    Tchouameni’s Starting Role in Question?

    Sports journalist Tomas Roncero suggested that Tchouameni might not enjoy the same level of security in his role as he previously did. He emphasized that the increased depth in the midfield could affect Tchouameni’s standing following the win against Espanyol. Roncero indicated that the addition of Bernardo Silva allows for more tactical flexibility, especially against teams that set up defensively at the Bernabeu.

    “I think Tchouameni is not going to be as untouchable as he was,” Roncero remarked, noting the influx of talent in the midfield that would require Mourinho to make significant decisions.

    With Madrid missing out on Rodri, who transferred to Barcelona, Roncero pointed to Bernardo as the key figure capable of orchestrating play from deep positions, leveraging his experience from his time at Manchester City under Pep Guardiola.

    Mourinho Faces a Midfield Challenge

    As Mourinho reflects on his midfield options, he has also entertained the idea of Arda Guler evolving into a No. 6 in the future, although that may not be a viable answer for the immediate season. Tchouameni’s unique defensive skills could still play a crucial role in the team’s configuration, especially given the diverse style of play required against various opponents.

    With plenty of choices at his disposal, Mourinho enjoys a plethora of midfield options to consider. Valverde contributes notable energy, while Bernardo adds creativity and control. Tchouameni, alongside Eduardo Camavinga, enhances the defensive aspect of the midfield. Tchouameni now faces the challenge of proving that his defensive prowess can compensate for any perceived lack of creativity compared to his peers.

    In the end, facing the complexity of choosing among talented players is a more favorable situation for Mourinho than lacking options. The focus now shifts to how the coach will masterfully piece together the midfield puzzle.

    Real Madrid kicked off their 2026-27 La Liga season with a late victory over Espanyol, with Jude Bellingham and Carlos Espi on the scoresheet.

    All eyes were on Jose Mourinho and how he would set the team up against the Catalan club, to gain an early insight into what his preferred XI looks like.

    Advertisement

    One interesting selection choice was always going to be the midfield, and Bernardo Silva partnered Federico Valverde in that position last night.

    While last night was a fairly straightforward choice with Aurelien Tchouameni recovering from an injury, this could be one of Mourinho’s biggest headaches going forward.

    Now, according to Cadena SER, the Frenchman may no longer be guaranteed a place in Real Madrid’s midfield under Jose Mourinho, with the competition for roles intensifying following the arrival of Bernardo.

    Tchouameni no longer an automatic starter?

    Tchouameni no longer an untouchable? (Photo by Justin Setterfield/Getty Images)

    Advertisement

    Journalist Tomas Roncero believes Tchouameni could be one of the first players affected by Mourinho’s search for the right midfield formula after the 2-1 victory over Espanyol.

    “I think Tchouameni is not going to be as untouchable as he was,” Roncero said.

    He argued that the situation has changed because Madrid now possess considerably more competition in that area of the squad.

    Roncero believes Bernardo could play a major role in Mourinho’s midfield, particularly when Madrid face opponents who defend deep at the Bernabeu.

    He described the Portuguese veteran as Madrid’s most creative option for directing possession from deeper areas.

    Advertisement

    That has become especially important after Madrid missed out on Rodri, who ultimately joined Barcelona.

    “With Rodri not arriving, the only player who can really play that positional football and organise the game is Bernardo Silva,” Roncero explained.

    Having spent years at Manchester City under Pep Guardiola, it is the least Madrid can ask for from Silva.

    Mourinho has a genuine midfield puzzle

    Mourinho is not afraid to take big calls. (Photo by Jose Manuel Alvarez Rey/Getty Images)

    Jose Mourinho has also suggested the possibility of Arda Guler developing into a No. 6 in the coming years, but that is unlikely to be a solution in the short term.

    Advertisement

    The situation, however, does not necessarily mean that Tchouameni will become a peripheral figure at the club.

    His defensive qualities remain different from those offered by Bernardo, while Mourinho will require different midfield combinations depending on the opponent.

    However, the options are plenty.

    Valverde provides intensity and running power, Bernardo offers control and creativity, while Tchouameni and Camavinga add bite to the position.

    Tchouameni must now convince Mourinho that his defensive security outweighs what he does not offer creatively.

    Ultimately, having too much of something is a better headache than having too little. The onus is now on Mourinho to solve the midfield puzzle.

    [/gpt3]


    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

    Related Posts

    Liverpool Halt Pursuit of PSG Star, Says Fabrizio Romano

    August 23, 2026

    പതിനെട്ടുകാരനായ ലോകകപ്പ് താരം; നൂറു മില്യൺ യൂറോയ്ക്ക് മാഞ്ചസ്റ്റർ സിറ്റി സ്വന്തമാക്കുന്നു

    August 23, 2026

    Man City Targets 18-Year-Old World Cup Star in €100m Midfield Revamp

    August 23, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Top Posts

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267

    Palestinian goalkeeper Salim Al-Ashqar killed in Israeli army shelling

    July 3, 20265
    Don't Miss
    Football

    Liverpool Halt Pursuit of PSG Star, Says Fabrizio Romano

    By zidaneAugust 23, 20260

    Liverpool Focus on Wingers as Transfer Window Closes, Eye Mbaye and BarcolaIn the concluding week…

    Man City Targets 18-Year-Old World Cup Star in €100m Midfield Revamp

    August 23, 2026

    Arsenal Eyes Potential Move for Julian Alvarez This Summer

    August 23, 2026

    Teenage World Cup Star and Maths Whizz Targeted by Man City

    August 23, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    About Us

    FootemAssist. Football, That's All.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Liverpool Halt Pursuit of PSG Star, Says Fabrizio Romano

    August 23, 2026

    Man City Targets 18-Year-Old World Cup Star in €100m Midfield Revamp

    August 23, 2026

    Arsenal Eyes Potential Move for Julian Alvarez This Summer

    August 23, 2026
    Most Popular

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267
    © 2026 Footem News FootemAssist.
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.