Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Haveron: Larne Aims to Make the Country Proud

    August 19, 2026

    Saints Set to Navigate Challenges Ahead

    August 19, 2026

    Bernardo Silva Joins Real Madrid

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Haveron: Larne Aims to Make the Country Proud
    • Saints Set to Navigate Challenges Ahead
    • Bernardo Silva Joins Real Madrid
    • Julián Álvarez Excluded from Atleti Squad for Málaga Match
    • Napoli Pursues Chelsea, Man United Attackers and Gabriel Jesus
    • Borussia Mönchengladbach Says Goodbye to Club Legend Nico Elvedi
    • BBC to Air 38 Live Serie A Matches
    • Real Madrid May Target Two Players in January If Mourinho’s Team Struggles, Report Says
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    FootemAssist
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা
    FootemAssist
    Home»Football»Real Madrid May Target Two Players in January If Mourinho’s Team Struggles, Report Says
    Football

    Real Madrid May Target Two Players in January If Mourinho’s Team Struggles, Report Says

    zidaneBy zidaneAugust 19, 2026No Comments0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Real Madrid May Target Two Players in January If Mourinho's Team Struggles, Report Says
    Real Madrid could sign two players in January if Mourinho's team struggles – report
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Headline: Real Madrid May Seek New Signings in January if Squad Underperforms

    Real Madrid has wrapped up its summer transfer activities, yet the club has not completely dismissed the option of adding more players. Recent insights from Rodra, shared by Defensa Central, indicate that Real Madrid could venture into the transfer market this January for both a centre-back and a midfielder. This move would depend on whether head coach José Mourinho finds his current squad performing below expectations.

    The Spanish giants have already made six signings this summer and seem content with their acquisitions so far. Mourinho has expressed confidence in his squad, stating that he does not believe additional signings are necessary before the transfer window closes.

    “Do I need more signings? No. I like this squad. We have solutions, quality, and players. I also believe I can improve players,” he emphasized, suggesting that Real Madrid’s transfer plans are currently on pause.

    However, Rodra’s latest update points to a potential reassessment of the team’s needs if issues arise during the initial half of the season.

    “If Mourinho’s team isn’t working, they’ll sign the midfielder and centre-back he needs in the winter,” Rodra mentioned, suggesting that Mourinho’s appointment might alter Real Madrid’s usual January transfer strategy.

    The discussions regarding the need for additional depth in the midfield and defensive lines have been ongoing since Mourinho’s return to the club. Despite the summer signings, speculation persists that the Portuguese manager would prefer a new midfielder who can orchestrate play from deeper positions, as well as another defender.

    For now, Mourinho shows readiness to utilize the players available to him. The upcoming matches will allow the team to observe if their current midfield arrangements are effective and if the existing centre-backs can uphold the required defensive standards. This period will serve as a crucial evaluation phase, helping the club determine the necessity for further investment down the line.

    Real Madrid may have finished their business for the summer, but the possibility of further reinforcements has not been completely ruled out.

    According to an update from Rodra, relayed by Defensa Central, Real Madrid could return to the transfer market in January for both a centre-back and a midfielder, but only if José Mourinho feels his current squad is not functioning as expected.

    Advertisement

    Los Blancos have already made six signings during the summer and appear satisfied with the work completed so far. 

    In fact, Mourinho himself recently made it clear that he does not believe his squad requires further additions before the transfer window closes.

    “Do I need more signings? No. I like this squad. We have solutions, quality, and players. I also believe I can improve players.”

    For now, therefore, Real Madrid’s transfer plans appear to be on hold.

    However, Rodra’s latest information suggests that Mourinho could still have two positions in mind if problems emerge during the first half of the season.

    Advertisement

    A midfielder and centre-back could arrive in January

    Jose Mourinho has said no more signings are expected this summer. (Photo courtesy: Real Madrid official website)

    The centre-back and midfield positions have been discussed around Real Madrid since Mourinho’s appointment.

    Despite the club bringing in six new players this summer, reports have continued to suggest that the Portuguese manager would ideally like another defender and a midfielder capable of organising play from deeper areas.

    For the moment, Mourinho is prepared to work with the players already at his disposal.

    However, Rodra claims the situation could change once the season is underway.

    Advertisement

    “If Mourinho’s team isn’t working, they’ll sign the midfielder and centre-back he needs in the winter,” the journalist said.

    He then suggested that Mourinho’s arrival could also lead to a change in Real Madrid’s usual approach to the January transfer window.

    Real Madrid could return to the transfer market in January. (Photo by Christian Bruna/Getty Images)

    “I think the ‘we don’t sign anyone in the winter’ policy would change with Mourinho,” he added.

    Mourinho ready to trust current squad

    Mourinho’s recent comments suggest he is happy with the options currently available, but that does not necessarily mean he believes the squad is perfect. 

    Advertisement

    Rather, the manager appears confident that he has enough quality and tactical flexibility to begin the season without demanding another immediate signing.

    The first few months could therefore act as an extended test.

    Real Madrid will have the chance to see whether the midfield combinations work, whether the existing centre-backs provide enough security and how quickly the new signings settle into Mourinho’s system.

    Only then could the club decide whether further investment is needed.

    [/gpt3]


    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

    Related Posts

    Haveron: Larne Aims to Make the Country Proud

    August 19, 2026

    Saints Set to Navigate Challenges Ahead

    August 19, 2026

    Bernardo Silva Joins Real Madrid

    August 19, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Top Posts

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267

    Palestinian goalkeeper Salim Al-Ashqar killed in Israeli army shelling

    July 3, 20265
    Don't Miss
    Football

    Haveron: Larne Aims to Make the Country Proud

    By zidaneAugust 19, 20260

    Headline: Larne’s Gary Haveron Prepares for Challenging UEFA Conference League Play-Off Against Lincoln Red Imps…

    Saints Set to Navigate Challenges Ahead

    August 19, 2026

    Bernardo Silva Joins Real Madrid

    August 19, 2026

    Julián Álvarez Excluded from Atleti Squad for Málaga Match

    August 19, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    About Us

    FootemAssist. Football, That's All.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Haveron: Larne Aims to Make the Country Proud

    August 19, 2026

    Saints Set to Navigate Challenges Ahead

    August 19, 2026

    Bernardo Silva Joins Real Madrid

    August 19, 2026
    Most Popular

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267
    © 2026 Footem News FootemAssist.
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.