Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho Discusses Flick, Deco, Lamine, and Negreira Case: ‘La Liga Needs Barcelona’

    August 20, 2026

    Everton Joins Race to Sign Serie A Forward

    August 20, 2026

    Champions League Draw Date and Pot Selections Revealed

    August 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho Discusses Flick, Deco, Lamine, and Negreira Case: ‘La Liga Needs Barcelona’
    • Everton Joins Race to Sign Serie A Forward
    • Champions League Draw Date and Pot Selections Revealed
    • Manchester City Eyes New Midfield Target
    • Wolves Secure Loan Deal for Wales Midfielder James
    • Fabrizio Romano Confirms Liverpool in Talks to Re-sign Extraordinary Wonderkid
    • Real Madrid’s Summer Signing poised to Start La Liga Opener Against Espanyol
    • Carlos Baleba: The Key Addition Manchester United Needs for Midfield Success
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    FootemAssist
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা
    FootemAssist
    Home»Football»Garcia and Balde Praise Rodri as ‘Best Midfielder in the World’ Following Barcelona’s 2-1 Win Over Al Ahly
    Football

    Garcia and Balde Praise Rodri as ‘Best Midfielder in the World’ Following Barcelona’s 2-1 Win Over Al Ahly

    zidaneBy zidaneAugust 20, 2026No Comments0 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Garcia and Balde Praise Rodri as 'Best Midfielder in the World' Following Barcelona's 2-1 Win Over Al Ahly
    Eric Garcia, Balde react after Barcelona 2-1 Al Ahly: 'Rodri is the best midfielder in the world'
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Headline: Barcelona’s Eric Garcia Set for New Role as Right-Back Under Hansi Flick

    Barcelona defender Eric Garcia is poised for a significant change in his playing role next season, as he revealed that coach Hansi Flick intends to utilize him as a right-back. Garcia took on this position during Barcelona’s recent 2-1 victory over Al-Ahly in the Joan Gamper Trophy, shifting Jules Kounde to right centre-back.

    In confirming this tactical shift, Garcia stated that it is not merely a one-time experiment. He explained that after discussions with Flick, the coach expressed his desire to give him a sustained chance at full-back in the upcoming season.

    Garcia’s adaptability has made him a vital asset for the team, and it seems Flick is keen to capitalize on this attribute. The defender’s deployment at right-back against Al-Ahly allowed Kounde to strengthen the central defense.

    Following the match, Garcia shared that Flick had already approached him about the position.

    “The manager told me that this year he’d like to try me out there. It’s a position I’m happy in,” Garcia commented.

    He further added, “I’ve already told him that wherever I play, I’ll be happy. I feel comfortable at full-back,” acknowledging the honor of being one of the captains, even if it’s just temporarily.

    Garcia also addressed questions regarding the need for additional attacking signings following the departures of Robert Lewandowski and Ferran Torres. He believes the current squad is well-equipped to fill the gaps left by the two forwards.

    “The two centre-forwards we had have left. We’re what we’ve got; I think we have plenty of options up front. Anthony (Gordon) can play there, Karim (Adeyemi), Rapha has played there; even Lamine. Hamza is doing very well. Luckily, that’s the sporting director’s job, not mine. We’re happy with what we’ve got, which is already a lot. If someone comes in, they’ll be welcome,” Garcia said.

    Meanwhile, Alejandro Balde remains focused on his own role despite the anticipated arrival of Joao Cancelo. The Barcelona left-back expressed confidence in his position and showed no concern about increased competition.

    “The truth is, I’m a very laid-back guy. It’s true that there’s been a lot of talk around me lately – a lot of things – but the truth is, I think I’m doing things right. I’m not someone who ever reads the press, but ultimately it’s inevitable that things will come to light. I have to focus on myself and keep working,” Balde stated.

    He also shared his thoughts on Rodri’s potential impact on the team, highlighting the player’s credentials. “He’s a very good player. Right now, I think he’s the best – or one of the best – defensive midfielders in the world. He’s won a Ballon d’Or, he’s a very experienced player, and I think he’ll be a great asset to the team,” remarked Balde.

    As Barcelona gears up for their La Liga opener against Elche, Balde acknowledged the peculiarities of this pre-season, marked by late returns of several international players following the World Cup. Nevertheless, he is optimistic about the team’s readiness for the challenges ahead.

    “The team is in good shape,” he noted, expressing Barcelona’s ambitions: “We are Barça and we have to win every title.”

    Barcelona defender Eric Garcia looks set for a major change in role next season after revealing that Hansi Flick wants to use him as a right-back.

    The Spanish international started in that position during Barcelona’s 2-1 win over Al-Ahly in the Joan Gamper Trophy, with Jules Kounde moving inside to operate at right centre-back.

    Advertisement

    Garcia has now confirmed that the tactical switch was not a one-off experiment. 

    After speaking with Flick, the defender revealed that the Barcelona manager wants to give him an extended run at full-back during the new campaign.

    Garcia confirms Flick wants him at right-back

    Eric Garcia’s versatility has made him an important option for Barcelona, and it appears Flick is ready to make greater use of that quality.

    The defender was deployed at right-back against Al-Ahly, allowing Kounde to move into the heart of the defence. 

    Speaking after the match, Garcia confirmed that Flick had already discussed the position with him.

    Advertisement

    “The manager told me that this year he’d like to try me out there. It’s a position I’m happy in. 

    Eric Garcia played as a right-back. (Photo by Daniela Porcelli/Getty Images)

    “I’ve already told him that wherever I play, I’ll be happy. I feel comfortable at full-back,” said Eric Garcia about his new position in defence.“

    He also noted that “it’s a privilege for me to be one of the captains, even if it’s only temporary.”

    The Spaniard was also asked whether Barcelona need another attacking signing after losing both Lewandowski and Ferran.

    Garcia believes the current squad already has enough players to cover the positions left vacant by the two forwards.

    Advertisement

    “The two centre-forwards we had have left. We’re what we’ve got; I think we have plenty of options up front. Anthony (Gordon) can play there, Karim (Adeyemi), Rapha has played there; even Lamine. 

    “Hamza is doing very well. Luckily, that’s the sporting director’s job, not mine. We’re happy with what we’ve got, which is already a lot. If someone comes in, they’ll be welcome,” said Eric Garcia.

    Balde backs Rodri arrival and dismisses Cancelo concerns

    While Garcia could have a new role on the right side of Barcelona’s defence, Balde remains focused on his own position despite the expected arrival of Joao Cancelo.

    Advertisement

    The Barcelona left-back insisted that he is not concerned about increased competition and remains confident about what he can bring to the team this season.

    Alejandro Balde is not stressed about competition from Joao Cancelo. (Photo by Daniela Porcelli/Getty Images)

    “The truth is, I’m a very laid-back guy. It’s true that there’s been a lot of talk around me lately – a lot of things – but the truth is, I think I’m doing things right. 

    “I’m not someone who ever reads the press, but ultimately it’s inevitable that things will come to light. I have to focus on myself and keep working,” said Balde.

    Advertisement

    He also believes Rodri’s arrival could make a major difference to Barcelona as they look to compete for more silverware.

    “He’s a very good player. Right now, I think he’s the best – or one of the best – defensive midfielders in the world. 

    “He’s won a Ballon d’Or, he’s a very experienced player, and I think he’ll be a great asset to the team,” said Balde on Rodri’s signing.

    With the La Liga opener against Elche approaching, Balde admitted that Barcelona have had to deal with an unusual pre-season because several international players returned late following the World Cup.

    Advertisement

    Still, he believes the squad are ready for the challenge ahead.

    “The team is in good shape,” Balde noted before making Barcelona’s ambitions clear: “We are Barça and we have to win every title,” he concluded.

    Source: Mundo Deportivo

    [/gpt3]


    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

    Related Posts

    Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho Discusses Flick, Deco, Lamine, and Negreira Case: ‘La Liga Needs Barcelona’

    August 20, 2026

    ചാമ്പ്യൻസ് ലീഗ് നറുക്കെടുപ്പ്: തീയതിയും പോട്ടുകളും അറിയാം

    August 20, 2026

    Everton Joins Race to Sign Serie A Forward

    August 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Top Posts

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267

    Palestinian goalkeeper Salim Al-Ashqar killed in Israeli army shelling

    July 3, 20265
    Don't Miss
    Football

    Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho Discusses Flick, Deco, Lamine, and Negreira Case: ‘La Liga Needs Barcelona’

    By zidaneAugust 20, 20260

    Mourinho Recognizes Barcelona’s Progress Under Flick and Deco Jose Mourinho has unexpectedly commended the efforts…

    Everton Joins Race to Sign Serie A Forward

    August 20, 2026

    Champions League Draw Date and Pot Selections Revealed

    August 20, 2026

    Manchester City Eyes New Midfield Target

    August 20, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo
    About Us

    FootemAssist. Football, That's All.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho Discusses Flick, Deco, Lamine, and Negreira Case: ‘La Liga Needs Barcelona’

    August 20, 2026

    Everton Joins Race to Sign Serie A Forward

    August 20, 2026

    Champions League Draw Date and Pot Selections Revealed

    August 20, 2026
    Most Popular

    Kaizer Chiefs welcomes new coach Fernando da Cruz to the squad and technical team.

    July 2, 202642

    England Set to Rate Players in Clash Against Argentina

    July 16, 202610

    Barcelona Finalizes Key Signing to Strengthen Flick’s System

    July 8, 20267
    © 2026 Footem News FootemAssist.
    • Home
    • Buy Now
    • English
      • English
      • हिन्दी
      • മലയാളം
      • বাংলা

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.